HRIMS is coeducational and accepts qualified students regardless of race, color, religion, or national origin. The school accepts those students, who, in the opinion of the school, will benefit from a Montessori program, who will have successful experiences and who will enhance the classes for which they are applicants.
Applicants will be given priority in the following order:
- Re-enrollment of current students
- Siblings of current students
- Transfers from other Montessori schools
- New applicants
Criteria for acceptance of new students:
- The student being the proper age (3 years old is the optimum age to start).
- The student being fully toilet trained for the Children's House class.
- The student's readiness and willingness to learn.
- The parents’ understanding and acceptance of our basic goals, philosophy, and expectations. The school takes into consideration indications that the Montessori experience is a preferred method of instruction for the family.
- The willingness of parents to commit to a 3-year program.
HRIMS seeks to create classroom communities that are balanced by gender and age. In general, the school prefers to admit children at age three but will consider children up until their fourth birthday.
There are no deferred enrollments. Applicants declining offers of enrollment are required to reapply (following the procedures of other candidates) for subsequent years.