HRIMS has an extremely talented and involved parent body. Parent volunteer activities are coordinated through the Parent Association. The school depends on the support of parent volunteers throughout the year. When you donate your time and talents to assist the school, you make a valuable contribution to the children and also get the opportunity to connect with other parents. Volunteers help to build a community spirit while providing support to our faculty and staff. This also reinforces the importance of community involvement to our children. It is our hope that your commitment to HRIMS not only ensures the continued success of our school, but also enriches your family’s experiences as a member of our community.
The Parent Association (PA) exists to support the school and staff in their mission by providing volunteer opportunities for our families to use their skills, talents and hobbies in this effort. All HRIMS parents are automatically members of the PA.
The Goals of the PA are to:
- Organize the talents and interests of our families to best serve HRIMS and our children
- Facilitate communications
- Foster a support system among HRIMS families
Service Opportunities: Getting Involved
Service to HRIMS is an integral part of our success. The services and expertise that parents provide allows the Montessori teachers and staff to focus on the children and the development of our program. What parents receive in return is invaluable -- a way to be actively and directly involved in their child's school and many opportunities to work and socialize with other HRIMS parents. Because all families share in these benefits, all are expected to contribute time, services and/or money to support school projects. You can volunteer during the year in a variety of ways, including:
- Assist staff and students in field trips, special events, and other class projects.
- Serve as a room parent to provide direct support to the classroom teacher.
- Introduce elements of your cultural heritage to your child's class (contact the teacher to discuss your ideas).
- Participate in beautification projects around the school.
- Provide IT support.
- Participate in planning of fundraising events.